Abortion: Too early?
Q: Abortion. Is it too early?
A: From Gloria, RN at our Oakland Center
- First things first. Have you had a pregnancy test? If your home test was positive, have you had it confirmed? We’ll do that at no cost to you.
- Do you know exactly how far along you are? Knowing the number of weeks along is critical to your plan. The best and most effective way to find out how far along your pregnancy has progressed is to have a sonogram by a trained Nurse.
- Schedule your sonogram right away. Call us today and make an appointment. Our sonograms are always free–there is never a charge no matter what you decide.
- Most doctors recommend waiting until the 8th week of pregnancy to have a surgical abortion. Chemical Abortion (brand name Mifeprex) is a form of early abortion caused by the combination of two medications, mifepristone and misoprostol that is an option for women who are 8 weeks pregnant or less. This is also known as RU486 or medication abortion.
- Our Radiologist will read your scan and provide the results.
- You Matter. The best way to be sure and to know exactly how many weeks is to have a sonogram.
Bottom Line: We do sonograms and pregnancy testing at all four of our locations. There’s never a fee for this service. Never. Call and make an appointment for a pregnancy test. If it’s positive, we’ll schedule your sonogram asap. 412-687-7767. Where You Matter.