Do I Have an STD?
Q: Do I have an STD?
A: From Nurse Gloria
- If you’ve had sex with a new partner, you are at risk for STD infection.
- 50% of all new STIs (sexually transmitted infections) are acquired by 15 to 19 years olds.
- Most people with genital herpes are unaware that they have it because there may be no outward symptoms.
- 92% of women with Chlamydia have no symptoms yet carry an infection that can lead to major reproductive issues.
- Nearly all sexually active people with more than one sexual partner will acquire HPV at some point.
- Even if you’ve had the vaccine for HPV, you may have an infection from a strain of HPV.